View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 03:42 AM

Default Re: $11: flopped flush, horrible turn

[ QUOTE ]
If this is true then he doesn't have to have a club here to make that turn bet. Given that you are getting 3:1 on a call it's a must call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh... the main point of my post. Let's say that I plan on C/R'ing the flop. We can all agree that he made a horrible call assuming that he had a lone club.

There is still only a 1/6 chance that another club falls on the turn. Say I plan on check - folding any club turn. It's still correct to C/R the flop with that plan in mind, even if he is capable of bluffing me out of the pot when a club falls on the turn. (The reason I did not C/R all-in was NOT so that I could have a safety net for a club turn, but rather because I was afraid that he would not call a push. Perhaps he would have though.)

But given the fact that a club DID fall on the turn, I believe that check-folding is the correct play. I still had t430 left behind on level 1, which to me, is not a desperate situation. It's one thing to be pot committed, quite another to be likely drawing dead and making a crying call. Why call off my stack when the chances of drawing dead are so high?