View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: $22: 77 push after minimum raise?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well I don't know. If he doesn't push, he's still screwed. His chances of getting a better hand than 77 within the next 3 hands is slim. Is he better off folding this and pushing any 2 later when he is the opener?

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll probably find a better spot than this, not just a better hand. Basically, 77 that's definitely seeing a showdown just isn't as +EV as a weaker hand that has a decent chance of not seeing a showdown. Some people tend to get too desperate in spots like this, I think, when there is lots of equity just laying around waiting to be had in future hands. "OMG 5BB POCKET PAIR ALL IN!" hehe

Also, look at the initial raise and tell me that doesn't have a better than average chance of being an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough. Now let's say he does fold. He's not the opener next hand. Next thing you know, he's UTG with 72o. Push? Seriously, I find myself in situations like this all the time. When I am given no good spot to push until I am UTG with crap.

Sorry for the partial thread hijack, but I assume the OP must have considered this when making his decision to push or not.