View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 05:08 PM

Default I\'m Done With Pacific Poker!!!

I'm so pissed I almost can't compose this post.

Ok here goes.

I have been playing at Pacific Poker off and on for some time.
I have found the SNGs easy up to the $20 level.

However, their server usually stops responding two or three times per tourney. They do give you 2 all-in disconnect protections. Anyway a few days ago we were down to four when I made an unlikely nut wheel and my opponent probably had Aces up. I would have moved all in on the river but the server stopped responding. My hand was folded. As luck would have it, I wound up busting the guy two hands later, but that is not the point.

Which brings us to today. I'm heads up and short stacked 80%/20% although the blinds are still fairly low when I suddenly lose the connection to the server. The all in protection kicks in and I stay in but here's the thing, the software throws up a button called "I'm Back" which I have to click before I can get back in the game. At the same time a message popup comes up covering said button. The popup gives the winning hand info and remains on the screen just long enough that I can't click the "I'm Back" button which is underneath. Consequently, hand after hand gets folded until I am blinded off.

In the past I have had to wait for the message popup to disappear before I could click, fold, check, or bet, but I have never had an outcome determined in this fashion.

I have played at Party, Ultimate Bet, Paradise, & Pokerstars and never encountered this kind of problem or the frequent disconnects.

As I said the games are soft, but these problems combined with the fact that you can only play one SNG at a time have convinced me to go somewhere else.

I have submmitted a cash out and after I receive it I will fire off a nasty gram to Pacific support, for all the good it will do.

Thanks for listening to my rant. I feel better already. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]