View Single Post
Old 11-25-2004, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Thanksgiving Menu

[ QUOTE ]
Usually I'll do a mirepois with more ingredients, but then again, roasting turkey or chicken with carrot isn't for me. For extra flavour, next time chop some Prosciuttino and throw it in. Throw some paprika on the top of that bird, helps it brown.

[/ QUOTE ]

The turkey is roasting in an oven bag. The carrots are roasting separately. That Proscittino sounds like a great idea. Did the paprika.

[ QUOTE ]
Splash a touch of OJ or a squeeze of lemon on those beans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do!

[ QUOTE ]
Decent wine choices.

[/ QUOTE ]

My parents don't like overly dry/oaky wines, so had to take that into account when choosing wines. Most of my wines are much bigger than they would like, so my selections are limited. I might go with a Gloria Ferrer Chardonnay instead of the Sterling. Also might go with either a D-Cubed or Ravenswood (Big River, I think) Zin instead of the Pinot.

[ QUOTE ]
No corn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was an oversight. I would have added corn to the menu had I remembered.

[ QUOTE ]
Up here we do thanksgiving in October for some reason...this year I did yams instead of potatoes

[/ QUOTE ]

I did mashed sweet potatoes w/ steak a couple weeks ago. It was great, though a bit of a pain in the ass. I almost did that or yams again for Thanksgiving, but a big part of the reason mashed potatoes got dropped instead of rolls was laziness.