View Single Post
Old 09-26-2004, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Time for a bluff?

I play 1/2 so take this with a grain of salt. I'd raise the turn or the flop as it makes the hand much easier to play. I don't know why you think he only has QQ? a good player would bet lots of hands in this spot like bottom trips + a flsh draw + top two and a str8 draw(QJT9) or a big wrap like 8TJK + or top pair + nut flsh drw.

after calling the flop i'd probably raise the turn hoping he has a draw and I'm now a big favorite to win the pot. if he does have the dreaded QQxx you have 12 good outs as Ax hearts is probably unlikely.

maybe some of the higher limit player will disagree with me on this one but that's how i'd play it. as far as bluffing the river it probably depends on your player reads and the pot size vs your bet amount. $1000 into an over 3k pot seems like it's destined to get called by better hands and folded to by worse hands.

Why bluff as well when you have trip 99's and there's a decent chance you could take it down. if you're going to bluff do so with hands that have no chance to win by checking. I'd much rather bluff as well if the river was a diamond as people are more likely to believe you have the flush than anything else. I'd be hesitant to do so here as UTG was probalby on the flush draw. just my thoughts on the hand. BTW where do you play 10/10 PLO?