View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Curtains: flop decision

[/ QUOTE ]
If the big stack is going to be a bully and force everyone to play any hand for their entire stack, this is valuable information to have, and now is as a good a time as any to find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather find out with someone else's $400. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I definitely love your point about playing poker and getting some information on big stack, but with a drawing hand this good, in position, i'd like to play it for free. With nothing, such as QQ on a AKK flop, i don't mind c-betting, b/c i'm either winning or losing already and there's hardly any draws, and i can still find out something about villain. Besides, maybe you want him to find something out about you: that you don't fold bets to him (if he reraises AI) and that you'll slowplay occassionally - like when you hit the nut flush and call him down. This might make it tougher for the table to bet into you in the future.
Well, I think it's clearly -EV to fold if he c-raises AI with an overpair: given the number of chips in the pot (with a $400 bet there'd be what $1500 already? so you're risking basically $2000 to take $5500), and the fact that you're EV is +$750ish.

Given two pair, you still have basically 9 outs, or 1/3 chance of winning, and you're getting pretty close to proper odds on this anyways, but you're only -170ish EV.

I don't think it's that easy to conclude that he'll always push only with 2 pair, I can see him easily pushing with overpair can't he? If his only hand-range for pushing is AA, 2 pair, or set, then i agree you have to lay this down. In which case, it makes sense to bet b/c he'll almost never have that and you'll take the pot a high % of times.

I guess we just disagree on villain's pushing range.