View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 10:09 AM

Default Update on \"O Doyle\'s Army\"

Hi All,

Just thought I would post an update on the current status of "O Doyle's Army". (Please note I have this in parenthesis to indicate that this was the name that was just suggested originally and would be likely to change if this proceeds. I just don't want to get sidetracked by the "army" debate again.)

I have had discussions with several sites. Some have expressed varying degrees of interest. Some have flat rejected it. Some have said they like the idea, but to administer such a program could be a problem for them at the moment. Some are still looking at it.

A new poker site that will be launching this fall is keenly interested in it and contacted me. My concern with a new site and I expressed it with them is that they would not have the traffic to support an "army" of high volume players coming to their site. The two solutions they saw to this problem would be to limit the number of participants and to offer a "safety net" to anyone that wanted to quit and opt out of the program for rakeback earned to that point. The rakeback would be a lower percentage of value in comparison to a WSOP package, but still highly competitive in the marketplace.

This new site did not only see this idea as a one time shot. They would hope to have a longterm relationship with a Team of High Volume Players. Their hope would be that this "Team" would continue to play at their site and go to several major poker events throughout the year representing their site. Pretty much like Full Tilt's team of pros, but instead a team of online high volume players.

I would like to hear from you all in regards to your concerns with trying such a venture with a new site.

If nothing immediately comes of this, I will not be disappointed. I do believe there are sites that will be announcing some "deals" to attract high volume players to their site and I would like to think that my orginal post (and all the interest it generated) had something to do with it. So from that standpoint, I would not declare this "experiment" a total failure as their maybe some indirect value coming to high volume players.

Once again, thanks for all the interest and support and would like to hear from any of you in regards to concerns, suggestions, etc.