View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Would you fold, call or push?

Heres a my very simple approach to online SNG's ( i play mostly $225 - $525, at a profitable level.

1. I always raise JJ up front, whether the blinds are high or low, if you dont raise it makes for difficult decisions later on in the hand, you need to narrow the field with that hand for any chance to win. If an Ace flops you must, MUST, MUST make a continuation bet.. normally people that call you are not holding Aces, people mainly re-raise AK and good players lay down AQ after a raise.

#2. You cannot fold an overpair when that much of your stack is invested period... as in end of story if you are beat you are beat, if you are best you are best.. if you try second guessing yourself here you are going to be wrong more than your right, and thats a -EV play... just like KK vs AA you cannot, cannot should not ever try to get away with KK.. Harrington says 1 IN 25 times you hold KK someone will have AA, if you try guessing when that 1 time is your wrong more that you will be right and dont forget the 20% times that KK will out race AA.

Keep it simple, Especially in SNG's.. and remember folding is the ONLY way make your chances 100% in losing a hand.