View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 09:53 AM

Default missed river bet?

This hand occurred in the party 2/4 PLO game.

I hold A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB with about $500. Other players have $400-500. Three players limp, I complete and the BB checks.

Flop comes Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] giving me ten nut outs (discounting SF possibility) plus 0-6 non-nut outs. I also have two tens making a possible straight less likely. I bet the pot. One player calls.

The turn is the 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] giving me a straight. I put my opponent on a set, but it is possible he holds a ten as a side card for a better straight. I bet $50 (pot=$56) and my opponent calls.

River is a blank, the 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check and my opponent checks and MHIG. (I did not check the HH, so not sure what he had). Does anyone bet this river? If you were my opponent and held a set would you call a modest river bet?

Paul