View Single Post
Old 05-17-2002, 08:48 AM

Default Re: the cost of operating leverage

"What this essentially means is that, right now, companies are losing money because their capacity and overhead is too high, no? What is this crap? Why wasn't this guy talking about operating leverage at Nasdaq 5,000?"

hey aint sure what operatin leverage is precisely. capacity utilization from tech companies is low i think. much higher at naz 5000. overhead too high but gettin better. he may be talkin to worker productivity which is increasin. probably means margins are gettin better.

"Or, if they really are poised to operate at just about any flexibile capacity and make a profit - if they have made an art out of mothballing - then how much must that cost??"

inventories low now. if anything need to replentish. companies try to op with as low an inventory as possble. should tell you sumthin.

"Next thing, we'll have to have cars with three engines, that run on gas, batteries, or solar power, or something. If they can do it for cheap, I have no complaint."

yeah sucker born every minute lol.

"But I am just suspicious it might be cheaper for counterparties to actually know one another's supply and demand a little better."

ask john ho he say tech stocks to the moon.