Thread: 150/300 hand
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: 150/300 hand

[ QUOTE ]
i bet/fold the river like most other people since ace-high is checking behind but probably calling a bet... why didn't you play the flop faster, though? i'm really curious, since i usually go apeshit on flops like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against anyone that knows what they are doing HU...they are not folding with that kind of flop action from u...at best if u go crazy on this flop, a decent player might give credit for a Ten. But thats against a good player...in which case he will either go crazy with u (figuring he is either a favorite or coinflop on the flop), pop the turn or let u take a stabs at it on the later streets, calling u down.

Anyway against this player, as long as hes not holding a pair...this board connects with a lot of his holdings. In which case u are going to have to fire on every street if he calls your CR and calls u down. If he doesnt pop u later in the hand, its liekly he either has high face cards or a small pp (with face cards being more likely u have to then judge if he folds to your river bet...which at that point, UI is the only way u are going to win.)

I have no idea if this post is coherent or not, but on this flop, at best its a coinflip...so it doesnt really matter how many bets go in, what does matter is if it effects this players ability to laydown overs, which u become a dog to on the turn. If the control factor will get this guy to laydown on the later streets go for it.