View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 05:42 PM
Posts: n/a
Default tax question: Canadian studying in the US

Sorry if this sort of question has come up before (I couldn't find it though). I am a Canadian doing a PhD in Boston. I get a stipend and have a US bank account and SSN, but I pay taxes on the stipend in Canada based on a tax treaty. I am usually in Canada for 5 months per year. As it stands I have a US Neteller account hooked up to my US bank account. I am wondering whether I can/should change this to a Canadian one in order to avoid tax liability in the states. I have been playing for about a year but this is only starting to become an issue now that I'm making significant money through poker. Any advice is much appreciated.
Reply With Quote