Thread: How to respond?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: How to respond?

That's one reason. To me the main reason is that he'll likely go to the flop with the pot equal to more than half his remaining stack <insert my normal rant about the stupid structure at Party>. Since the flop will miss him more than half the time, he'll either have to fold after committing more than 10% of his stack or pot-commit his entire stack.

On the other hand, if he pushes and they fold, he increases his stack by 25%. Not to mention that THIS IS PARTY (sorry, didn't mean to yell), and he could get called by hands he dominates.

I was being a bit hyperbolic in my original reply about folding. AK at level 1 is always a pain in the a$$, but in this stupid, stupid, stupid 800 chip structure, when you get action, you have to go for it.

AK is a hand that wants to see all 5 board cards. It's the 3rd hardest hand to dominate. There's nothing that says he doesn't have the best hand right now. This is a situation where I'm perfectly happy to bust out because if I get called and hit, my chances of winning go way up.