View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Re: WHOAH!! What do I do on this Turn ??

[ QUOTE ]
This hand was on Ultimate Bet a few days ago, apparently I didn't have Ultimate History on at the time and the hand history has been lost to the poker ether. Tough turn spot with no reads that left me at a loss as what to do.

UB NL 50 10 Handed

Effective Stacks 50

Preflop:
Folded to hero in MP2 With AhQh, I raise to 2.00
CO calls
BB calls

Flop: AcQc8c
(Pot 6.25)
BB Checks
Hero bets 6.50
CO folds
BB Calls

Turn: 3d
(Pot 19.25)
BB bets 9.50
Hero????

After thinking for a bit I narrowed Villain's most likely hand range to a set of 88's, flopped baby flush, AK with Kc, or maybe a weaker two pair, and I wasn't sure what to do. Is my range to narrow? What would you do here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, this sucks without reads. The SB coming alive on a blank turn after check-calling the flop doesn't look good to me. It looks like a flush because that 3 on the turn didn't help his hand.

You've got to ask yourself why SB would do this with AK[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or AJ[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I don't see a compelling reason why he'd play that way with those hands. The hands that remain for him to play are 88 and made flushes from SCs like J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I fold here because a call basically commits me to calling most rivers and I don't wanna call most rivers.

I am very curious as to what others think is going on here.