View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Think along with me on this Party Super Tuesday bubble hand

That's the problem with this hand --- I don't know where I stand (which is why betgo's approach of raising all-in preflop seems like a good choice). I think arguments can be made for the check-raise all-in on the flop (I may be ahead already and if not, I have a number of outs), or for leading out on the flop as was done and then betting all-in on the turn, praying that he doesn't have a queen. The option that I chose in real life is I think the absolute worst way to play the hand --- I checked on the turn, he bet all-in, I thought for a moment and then called. He turned over JT of spades, and I was dead to a ten or a card to pair the board (which would give me a split pot), which did not come on the river.

What was sad was that I had about 14,500TC a few hands before, and made a bonehead play that took me down to about 10,000, that put me on tilt for this hand, and I was down to about 3000. A few hands later, I picked up AA, an early position player raised, I reraised all-in, he had 99, a 9 came on the flop, and I was out of the tournament. So it was quite a disappointment to so quickly go from an easy chip leader at my table, to going out on the bubble, and the poor play on this hand was a key reason.