View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 11:35 PM

Default (5$) Trouble with short handed play in SNG\'s

I have been trying different plays on the bubble and I have been getting mixed results. I know that I have been getting too aggresive with stealing blinds and muscling out pots in the late stages of tournies. I know that I have been too aggresive b/c last night my all in bet was called by a villian holding bottem pair. Anyway I have a few questions about short handed play(4-6 handed) .

1. How many orbits should go by between blind steal attempts, should I even have a formula for this?

2. Last night everytime the action was folded on the button, he raised 1BB (e.g. he raised it to 400 when the blinds were 100/200. ) I tried to combat this by pushing all in after I had seen him do this several times, was this correct?

3. Last night it got to the point where nobody respected my raises, how can I avoid this in the future? I will admit I did rasie alot, often with only slightly better than marginal holdings.

4. I think I was overly aggresive last night, how many BB's do I need to to continue to play conservatively without going into panic mode?

Sorry if any of these questions sound nubish, I am stuggling with 4-6 handed most right now, I will post some sample hands later tonight.
Thanks alot guys,
AL