View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 04:23 AM

Default Re: My first Post (i am new)

I am in a similar boat as you. I'm 18, made about 4k in poker winnings currently 6 table 2/4. I was looking to invest in stocks as well. But from what I've heard you really need some decent capital. From my understanding you need a pretty diversified portfolio to do well in the stock market and with little capital thats pretty hard. Also commisions suck when you aren't buying much at a time. I have some books on order, will be here soon and going to read about all different types of investments, money markets, mutual funds etc. From what I've heard the mutual funds might be the best option if you dont have much capital. This is all just from what I've heard so dont put this in stone. With not much money I'm just looking for something that would give me a higer return rate than some savings accounts which will give up to 3.5% intrest, while still being able to get some "experience" in the market. Since I'm a kid I dont have any bills to pay so when I move up in poker and get more money, then I can proboly affort diversify and get a little more agressive. So I would say dont put it in stone that you want to invest in stocks, read some books and maybe invest in other things.