View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Do Pro Poker Players Make Good Clients For A Financial Advisor?

The difference between using someone like me or someone at a discount firm is that I make a special effort to know everything about your financial life. We have products that address your assets and your liabilities. We don't just do stocks and bonds like the brokers of 20 years ago. I have clients where I have built portfolios for them and also handled their mortgage and then secured a line a credit for their business.

The main advantage would be if I established a few clients in the field of professional poker I could be known as the "financial advisor of poker players". Since I play a lot of poker I am very familiar with the ups and downs of the game and the intensely emotional swings that can come with it. This would give me the ability to empathize with other poker players much better than the average financial advisor that has only seen the game on tv.

Since my minimum account size is $100,000 I am interested in finding out if there are enough players out there that have set aside that much money that is separate from their poker playing bankroll. My gut instinct says no, but I put the question out there because I am interested in the opinions of others on this discussion board.