View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: how bad is this angle shoot?

[ QUOTE ]
Last night in the Canterbury 30 game, I twice saw a guy say "big blind" when HU on the river and toss out 3 chips.... In the first case his opponenet thought it was a call and tabled his hand. The guy had a bit of an accent so it wasn't completely clear what he said. He tried it on me later as well, but I was aware of it so my hand went in the muck. I was very tempted to call the floor and ask that he be required to call, but decided to let it go. How bad is this angle shoot of his? (emphasis added)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the prevailing opinion here -- he should be forced to bet or call or whatever -- but I don't understand this description. He said "big blind" pretending to mean "I fold, push the pot and I'll post the big blind for the next hand"? But then, why would you muck your hand -- wouldn't that be playing into his angle by giving him the last live hand?

From the description it sounds you (OP) were the bettor and he was trying to get to see your hand before deciding whether to call, right? But that still doesn't explain the mucking -- betting, then mucking your hand while your HU opponent is attempting an angle shoot, doesn't win any pots to my understanding.

Apologies if I'm just dense.