View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: $22 - Small suited one-gapper from the SB

First off, I would have just limped in or given up my sb. There's no reason to build a big pot out of position with crappy cards. However, since you raised, you have to call the minraise. Now, Questions. How many players left? Are there short stacks? Reads on the min-reraiser? I really don't know what to think when people do this minraise. It could have meant that he was spite raising you for minraising his bb, or he could have a high pair and not want to lose you. Anyway, I guess I would suggest two possible lines. The first, which I would probably go with would be to check and hope to hit a free or cheap flush, two pair, or trips, and then pray he was getting trappy with Aces. Or, if you read his bet for weakness you could checkraise and try to take the pot away from him, with a potentially strong hand. The other option would be to bet out half to two thirds of the pot and hope that he either goes away or just calls and you flush him out. I think the best play would be to check this flop and then proceed according to his actions, your pot odds, and your read of the player. By the way, I'd be much more likely to checkraise all in if he made a pot size bet then if he bet just 1/2 the pot. A lot of the players on the 11's and 22's will overbet a hand like Ace Face no pair on this flop, in which case you would be aheand