View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: New Hell\'s Kitchen episode tonight

Plunged from where? If there's been much good t.v. on, I must have been out of the loop for the past few decades on it. There's not much on t.v. worth half a fart.

At first I thought he was totally nuts, but really, the guy has to get product out the door. It's one thing when stuff is less than ideal, but these teams did a lot of screwing up, and sometimes they really deserved being reamed. When they were saying things like, "It's been three hours and blue team has only gotten 12 entrees out the door," I couldn't believe it.

Slapping the plates into their chests was pretty over the top, but some of these guys really deserved a chewing out. It would be one thing if he was their professor and this was a school, but these guys are already supposed to be reasonably good, and helping him out, not driving him nuts. This guy has a business to run and a reputation to leave hopefully relatively un-ruined.

Of course, they set these trial-by-fire conditions when designing the show this way in the first place, so its the chef's own fault. Having a contest about who to let run your next business is stupid -- what if they all suck? But it does make for some good t.v. I'd be thinking that the customers should be eating for free, though. Having to pay for that kind of service is also stupid. As well as getting cussed out by the arsehole chef in the process.