View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: A few low-buyin satellite hands

I'm by far the best from here, but this is how I read it.

Hand 1:
The 4k bet on the turn is too small to fold to. Looks like he probably missed his hand or possible has paired his king and is nervous about an ace or has an ace with a crappy kicker. If you are pretty sure he has you beat but with a hand he is very unsure of, re-raise him enough to make him put down a questionable hand. If you aren't sure just call like you did. On the river you have to check, because the only way you will be called is if you're beat.

Hand 2 I would pretty much call in any situation, unless I have a read on a player that only would push with AA or KK. Even if he only has AKs, you're getting 3:1 on your call for a coinflip. I like your opening raise though, since you can get away from the hand if you feel you're up against AA or KK and it should push out any weak hand I may worry about if the flop comes out 6-2-2 or something like that.

Hand 3 is obviously either push or fold based on the size of the blind. I would be inclined to push since the BB is only half of my stack.

Having less than 4 BBs left in hand 4 I think you push and never think twice about it.