View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Dealing with losing money

[ QUOTE ]
How do some of you higher stake players deal with losing money, like alot of it? I have a pretty nice sized bankroll, but I think what holds me back is I am scared to play step 5s oon a regular basis because I dont wanna deal with losing 10 to 20k which will invaribly happen.

How do some of you deal with it, or does it always suck when it happens? I guess its all relative, that a year ago I would of had a breakdown if I lost 1500, now it would be off my mind 10 mins after losing computer screen. Im just looking for some help in how you guys progressed to these levels or deal with losing that much money. Thanks for any help

[/ QUOTE ]

it's all relative.

Back in May, i had a 6week 650 game breakeven streak. i was feeling horrible. ulcers and quitting poker came to mind.

right now, i'm -30 buyins in my last 450 games ($50+5) and not even an ounce of worry.

the main point for me is experience and bankroll.

i know i'm a winning player. (or that i'm a luckbox 10 months out of the year.) either way, i'm going to be winning again once this variance settles down.

as for bankroll, i now start at 100 buyins. not much difference to me between 70 and 100 buyins. when i get down to 30 buyins, then i'll start to worry.