Thread: Ducks
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Ducks

Ok, fine, I'll say it. I don't like the preflop call. You've got a known loose caller, follwed by an unknown raiser, and unknown cold-caller (probably pretty bad, but unknown is unknown) followed by you. 6:1 really isn't enough for me to be happy playing a small pair OOP. One more loose limper before the raise, or one more cold-caller after and I'm there, tho, so it's close.

That said, once you flop a set you should either be going for a c/r, expecting a continuation bet from the pfr, or check/call the flop, check/raise a safe turn card, and I'm probably going for the c/r on the flop. Your FE on the flop is zero, and you need to protect on this coordinated board, which doesn't include expecting the pfr to continuation-raise his UI overcards.

The way you played it, ugh, I dunno, call twice on the turn and check/see what happens on the river? Looks to me like you're up against an overpair from UTG+2 and a made flush from MP2. If you boat up, go nuts, if not only call if you're closing the action.