View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Flat Calling Raises with Kings Preflop

[ QUOTE ]
I flat call preflop raises with aces more than most too....I don't reraise preflop very often either - especially when I'm out of position and really deep......I like to play poker....

[/ QUOTE ]

its not always a question of "playing poker" its often a question of building the pot so that you have an oppertunity to win a big pot.

if you never build a pot preflop you will find it very difficult to win a big pot with AA because if you play a big pot most of the time you'll be behind.

for example, you and villian have >200BB, villian raises w/ KK-1010 and you just smoothcall, even if the board comes ragged undercards you can't extract that much from a good player because they will be fearful of the set.

of course it helps to know your player, but not re-raising w/AA when you're pretty sure your opponent has a big pair as well can often lead to missed value.

that being said i have used the flat-call of the raise w/AA on several occassions to win big pots...however it doesn't work often when the opponent is decent and deep.