View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Pls check my stats - (somewhat long and almost emotional)

Honestly, from the tone of your posts I think you have a bit too much of a rock mentality and it may be difficult for you to loosen up sufficiently so that's why I suggested scrapping your old methodology and starting anew.

[ QUOTE ]
The "problem" is that I do play all the hands below

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A very general starting point for loose-ish games is: AAxx, A2xx, Ax suited, A3xx, four cards ten or bigger (except trips), KK with two decent cards. That's mostly it, but there are definite exceptions like AKsQs4."

I would definitely add a few others like 234X, 23XX (ds).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Except I do muck A3xx and sometimes A2xx when xx is crap against raises (especially from solid players)..

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm quite confident that at any table with VPIP >40% you can play ALL of those hands listed above without regard to position and be a winning player. Sure there are some marginal situations where you'd be better off folding but those are a definite minority.

Anyhow, give us an update over your next 3400 hands so we'll see what happens. Good luck!