View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Limp-Reraise with AA/KK in EP

You have put a lot of thought into this. I understand where you are coming from, but you need to reopen you're line of thought here. From the overall "sound" of this you are playing scared or near enough to it that the end result is the same.

Here is a quick hand from last weekend playing 5-150. I am UTG with AA and raise to 25, UTG+2 a pretty solid and thinking player, but tends to be way to ABC calls and we go heads up to a J high drawless flop. I lead for a little less than the pot sized bet and he RR max. Took me a minute or two, but I folded and he showed me the top set.

I think most players in that game would have been jamming the pot there, many of the posters here would have been too. Hell normally I would be too. But I played the player. I had enough table time with him to know how he played his sets and what his likely range was cold calling an UTG PFR. I have played enough lives hands period that I knew a pair of any rank was no good here and I got away from the hand cheaply, a hand that likely would have stacked most players in that game.

When I get to a table I play pretty cool, ABC until I get a feel for the game, the action and the people. Once I am comfortable and confident, I am raising anything from my EP.

I think the bottom line is you need to be more flexable and play more period. The more hands you play and I mean really play, thinking it all the way thru, even if you are not in the hand, the better off you will be. Start watching live at the bike too. It really is a good tool to see how people are playing live. And since they normally cast at least one 3/5 300-500 NL game a week, that is right up your alley.