View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Presto out of position

My image at the table had a lot to do with how I played this hand initially. I'd raised three of the last 6 pots and taken most of them, and people had begun to coldcall me with mediocre holdings to stop me from stealing. I was relatively sure that almost any hand that would procude a call for one bet would also be a call for two from a few of the oppnents on my left, so I did what I almost never do in this game (Full Tilt 5/10, btw... very tight), and openlimp. The button is very aggressive in position and could be holding any pair, any paint, or something like A2o to be quite honest. BB is new to the table, no reads.

So, given all of that, I'm interested if I was totally out of line openlimping, and then leaving that question aside, whether this was standard postflop. Mucho gracias.

Hero has 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the UTG+1.
UTG folds, hero calls, several folds, Button raises, SB folds, BB calls, hero calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB bets, hero raises, button folds, BB calls.
(Nice flop for 55!)

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, hero bets, BB calls.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB checks, hero checks.