View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: BB: facing a mini-raising SB

[ QUOTE ]
This guy open mini-raised me the last two chances he had. With these stack sizes, I was going to push with just about any two against a mini-raise this time. Even though he's getting good odds to call, lots of people fold to the push here, cuz they don't want to get crippled when there is already a short stack. Plus, my push probably looks stronger, since I don't 'need' to do it.

I felt like the shortstack was not SO short that I should just allow myself to get raped by the mini-raiser. I HATE mini-raisers!

Good play or lucky FPS? PP $22

[/ QUOTE ]

You have more FE here than people realize. Whether or not he *should* call you is immaterial to how often he will fold despite getting good odds to call. I like the play but, to be honest, if I have already noticed him do it once I am pushing my stack the second time he does it to my BB. And it goes without saying that next time he will give you a pass in the BB unless he has a hand. So if he min-raises again ...

And you're right the short stack doesn't realy qualify as a bubble short stack here.