View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Fastplay or slowplay this, and if so -- how?

PREFLOP: Standard

FLOP: given your relative postion, this is a standard check IMO, the question is should you 3 bet right away or just call. I would tend to 3 bet right away, but I cant really disagree with your line.

TURN: This is very close between betting and hoping for a 3 betting opportunity, or checkraising. I think your play is fine here. Given that you checked you should 3 bet.

RIVER: I like betting better than checkraising since you dont really want to freeze the Tag out of the hand. If both the tag and the fish call when you bet, then betting makes the same amount as checkraising if you assume the tag will fold a hand like AA or AK to your checkraise, if this is the case betting has to be better since you will have the oportunity to 3 bet. If you bet this river and the Tag raises, just call and expect to see TT. If you bet this river and the Tag calls and the MP3 raises I think you should 3 bet.
Just for fun, I'll try to put these guys on a hand. I think the Tag has AK or AA, and the Fish has 44.