View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 05:33 AM

Default Results and some thoughts

The flop pretty much played itself.

The Turn I make my hand which is nice but the board also paired top pair which is not so nice regardless I have to follow through with a bet. The fact that he just called on the turn was somewhat reassuring since I felt if he had a T he probably would have raised me again unless he had T9 or TT. It also makes me think he doesnt have 99 since I don't think he will just smooth call here. So I figure his most likely hands are K9 A9 QJ KJd or a pocket pair QQ JJ and maybe 88 and 22. However I cant rule out the fact that he has a better flush now and the board pairing scared him.

The river I obviously hate but he might hate it just as much as me so I figure why not Bet/Fold. I am trying to break a habit of mine which is check calling too many rivers and instead if I am willing to call the river with my hand just bet it instead and fold if raised. I figure there is also the chance with that river that if I was beat on the turn by 99 or a higher flush he might fold. Although very unlikely there is a chance he might fold one of those specific hands that beat me.

Result he obviously called which I forgot to take out of my original post and showed A9o with the A of diamonds and my flush held up.