View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Re: comment-questions on liberties/terrorism

[ QUOTE ]
To you I ask, what if entirely credible evidence surfaced, along with the open declaration by Al Queda, that Al Queda had possession of dozens of nuclear bombs and was fully committed to detonating them in American cities? Now how much of that X amount of terrorist attacks are you willing to tolerate from your suburban nests?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes - the "what if" -

nothing like taking a situation and hypothesing ad-infinum until you get a result that supports the course of action you want to take, which includes surveillance on AMERICANS, not just the foreign terrorists..

I know...WHAT IF - Al Queda develops technology that allows them to smuggle flamethrowers in their ass....AND they can fart at will, launching fire at HELPLESS AMERICANS -

SHOULDN'T WE DO SOMETHING - Ass inspections? - increased scrutiny and erosion of Civil Rights? - WHAT IF?-

Wanna know what makes me safe? - it's not GWB with his over-reaching powers of surveillance - It's not the Justice Dept. going after people posting on internet boards about how they dislike the govt. or NYC cops being overzealous in shutting down protestors at the RNC -

It's knowing that IF terrorists take control of another plane, and IF it has passengers, that the chances of them crashing it into another building are slim and none without overwhelming numbers - because ANYONE on an aircraft that gets hijacked is going to seriously consider going Vigilante like they did in PA -

That's the reason we're safer - it's been established that the TSA restrictions put in place after 9/11 are woeful inadequate, but any terrorist who gets on a plane and says "don't worry - sit down and you won't be harmed" is likely to hear a resounding [censored] from the plane and will hopefully find himself clawed into 20 different pieces shortly thereafter.

And Americans should feel safer knowing that if I'm on one of those flights going to Vegas - (I must have flown 12 times this year between Vegas, Montana, Reno, and NYC) - and if my flight is hijacked - rest assured you've got one guy on there willing to go Chuck Norris on their ass given half a shot - cause I'll never believe that plane is gonna land safely anyways....so let's try to even the odds a bit that it makes it safe by placing a nice well planned foot in an aisle as he goes walking by - get him on the ground and stomp his head in - THAT'S anti-terrorism - not spying on the ACLU -

that makes me feel safe - my fellow American citizens - not spying on them or using 9/11 as an excuse to expand surveillance operations to illegal and extra surveillance of Americans under Patriot Act manifestos.

And certainly not the grinning chimp we have running the White House...

RB