View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: the flop

[ QUOTE ]
Canterbury 15/30 9 handed
UTG+1 is the only decent player in the game. UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, UTG+2 limps, 1 fold, 2 more limpers to me on the button with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I decided to limp. IMO it doesn't matter much either way. Of course the SB came along and the BB checked.

Flop (8 players) (8 SB): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
blinds check, UTG bets, UTG+1 folds, 3 more guys call and now it's up to me, I.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Call. A raise here gives the next guy to act 7:1 on their call, and anyone who's already called 1 bet is getting 14+:1 to call behind you (read: you're not getting anyone out that has any kind of draw against you). Not to mention that we can't be sure we're best right now (though I do like our hand). I call, wait to see what the turn brings, and go from there. A raise here just bloats the pot w/o getting anyone to fold, lessening your chances of getting anyone to fold on the turn.