View Single Post
Old 09-17-2004, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Is this play too aggressive?

Cris,

Thank you very much for your post. Although it is rather direct, I think you are exactly right. I was more "wishing" for a certain thing than being realistic and that is obviously going to lead me down the wrong path.

I agree with everyone about raising pre-flop, I usually do play much more aggressive pre-flop. In the early rounds with small blinds I will not usually raise when there is only around 25-45 in the pot and that is all I will win if I raise, however in this case with that many people in the pot I definitely should've been stronger on the raise.

I also agree with your comment about playing my usual tight game at the lower levels but part of the reason I am playing at the lower level as well is because I am trying to work on my post-flop play and trying to gauge how to play against what I consider really bad players (I see a lot in the B&M tourney I play at too). Perhaps this is a bad strategy and instead I should be refining my game playing against better players but this is my current reasoning.

Again I consider this to be one of my poor hands but wanted to critique as to just how poor [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Will