View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Is this a nutty play at a wild table?

I'd lean towards folding 3rd street. If I was in last position i'd call or maybe with 1 non threatening card behind me, but when you add 2 players I'm usually folding this hand.

4th street you should check/fold.

5th street you should bet like you did and hope everyone folds

6th street I think you should just check/call. I don't think you can fold now with all the dead hearts, and his pair cards are also partially dead. But I don't think you should be betting/raising here. I really like check/calling here. Think about the possible hands your opponent may have:

A pair better than yours: Most players are just gonna call you down if you bluff the river here. Once inawhile you'll get away with the bluff but most of the time you won't

A draw: By raising here, you are stopping him from bluffing the river, which he probably will do if he misses. When he does hit his hand, he'll certainly bet/raise and he'll get that extra bet on 6th street that he wouldn't have had you just called 6th, but you'll STILL get the extra bet if he misses because he's going to bluff the river most of the time. Also your hand is so weak that a draw isn't even a big underdog on 6th street because he can spike tons of pairs to win.

A pair lower than yours: Its possible he has 2s here. In this case he's going to bluff the river just like he would a draw, so its the same thing with this hand.

So my suggestion is to check call here, and call no matter what happens on the river. I think I'd still check/call even after making trips on the river, because most of the time he's gonna bluff at the pot and you dont want to stop that.

Given that you raised 6th street, I guess you might as well bet the river since he's going to be afraid to bluff after you showed so much aggression on 6th.