View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 11:54 PM

Default ($5) NL sit/go 1 table - RF draw on button facing allin and call

trying this again, I think i screwed up my first and only attempt at posting here, so forgive me if this is a double post. also if i got the subject convention wrong please correct me.

Situation
$5 single table sit/go - top 3 players paid
3 players left
blinds $200/$400

Player 1 SB ~$2000 (w$200 in pot)
Player 2 BB ~$3800 (w$400 in pot
ME Button ~ $7700 I Have J-spades 10-spades

both players are tight and moderately aggressive, with player 1 being the most aggressive. both players tended to raise with good preflop hands. I had not seen either slow play a hand as of yet.

I call on the button for $400
Player 1 calls $200
Player 2 checks

Pot is now $1200

Flop is A-spades, K-spades, 8-diamonds

Player 1 goes All-In for ~$1800
Player 2 thinks for a short time and then calls

There is now $4800 in pot and Player 2 has ~$2000 left

At this point I was not sure what to do. I expected both players to be a bit more aggresive since we were in the money now, and I figured Player 1 had a A or K with a low kicker or he would have raised preflop.

I wasn't sure what Player 2 had, perhaps a draw or a pair as well, His call made me think he was either slow playing or was thinking he had second best and was looking to catch a draw.

I know I had odds to just call the $1800 with 12 outs and $4800 in the pot already, but I didn't think I had the odds - even implied to raise Player 2 all-in. However given that this had could end the game and I would still have about $3000 in chips left I did raise him all in and
player 2 called.

Cards over
Player 1 - A5o (top pair no kicker)
Player 2 - 94s spades (flush draw)

Turn is the Q-diamonds I have the nuts.

So the question is did I do the right thing in raising or should I have just called and saw the turn?