View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Battle of the blinds - does hand reading go out the window?

I'm still stuck with this call/push predicament in this situation. So you're saying push because with his turn bet you know hes intending to set me in on the river anyway?

Slightly different situation: If you have QA instead of the flush, do you push on the turn then? In the original hand I have no additional outs to see the river, but it seems like again pushing folds the worse hands. Perhaps I'm giving the Villian too much credit here.

Edit: Another thought, putting all my chips in here seems like some 3rd level psychology. Im doing so based on the belief that he's overplaying his hand (sm flush, Queen with weak kicker) based on his belief that I'm overplaying my hand (queen with kicker, 99+) because we're in the blinds and our hand values are significantly higher. Is it only based on the fact that the villian thinks I'm overplaying my hand (he doesn't know I have the made flush), that I call? He would need to be severely overplaying a small flush or a queen here... his river bet is just too huge for a queen to play it like this, isn't it?

I pose the question about AQ because again the villian could think I'm overplaying my hand (99+), so I should I put my chips in with it?

Sorry for all this probing, I'm just interested to see whether we should just call based on the strength of my hand or whether we should consider how strongly the villian is playing his and what psychology he is using. At the time I just called because I had the flush, without considering much what he had.