View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Official High Boltage Thread (SD-Indy)

Rover,
Please find where I have ever placed ALL blame on Manning. I have simply maintained that
a) he was the perpetrator of a crucial penalty that inhibited the Colts from winning the game
b) he took a sack that ruined the same chance
c) he is a grand-master-pooh-bah choke artist

It comes down to the simple fact that HE is the leader and QB of the team. He would get all the praise if he had driven them to a game winning touchdown. Conversely, he recieves the blame.

Call it whatever you want, moxy, intagibles, whatever. Do I believe 100% that if you put Brady in there he would have won the game? Yes. How? I don't know- a lucky scramble, a different audible, instilling an impending sense of doom in the defense, etc.

Peyton had the chance to drive them to win, to save the perfect season, to further cement his legendary status... and he didn't do it. That, to me at least, is the definition of a choker.

(could the line have blocked better, recievers run better routes, etc, etc- of course. but they didn't. for legendary players this shouldn't matter, they put the team on their back and win. Peyton stumbles, time and time again)