View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 04:42 AM

Default Re: 15, straight out of HPFAP?, 3 way, for overcall

[ QUOTE ]
except that with a 4 card str8 on the board, he can't depend on you to bet JJ anymore. I like tossing here because you could easily be drawing dead to a split pot, player behind you could easily be raising, player in front has shown open-aggression on 2 streets, despite resistance. Also, this board is made for 2pair hands. Given your position, holding, and aggression of others, I toss the turn. Raising seems suicidal.

[/ QUOTE ]
You may be right, Ive played with so many retarded people lately, that I just assume theres a good chance the hero is still ahead here. I still think that raising is better than calling becuz of the other guy in the hand. And raising is not really suicidal since the hero can easily fold to a 3 bet IMO. The call down strategy invest 2BB's but never protects the hero's hand, by raising the turn the hero can make the same 2BB investment and also protect his hand the times he's still ahead. With no read, I see nothing wrong with folding here, and I also see nothing wrong with raising, but I hate the call down strategy unless its heads up.