View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 01:56 PM

Default A hand from the 2+2 table last night

Nope, not from the Omaha table. There was a small LHE game going at the same time. It was a private table, so it was only 2+2ers. The game was loose and very aggressive, but it was also only 3-6 handed, so that's too be expected. The people playing there were playing looser and more aggressive than their typical 6 max game, I suspect, however. We were showing hands, so we knew how each other were playing. Everyone seemed to be playing their A+ game, but I did catch a couple of ill advised bluffs from both JaxUp and Bottomset. Bottomset has been very tricky, as usual. Slamhound has been sucking out on Pedro and Bottomset, but he's been folding to me. I've been running quite hot, and Pedro has as well, but I haven't gotten into many hands with him. Pax, however, just sat down, and he's my opponent for this hand. This is I think in his first orbit at the table, but I expect nothing but the best from him.

In these sorts of situations, it's very easy to get bogged down in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th+ level thinking. For this hand, I'm less interested in what actions you decide to take, and more what thoughts are going through your head as the hand progresses. The hand:

I open-raise 99 in MP after JaxUP folds. Bottomset and Pedro fold. Pax 3bets me from the SB and Slamhound folds his BB. I call, and it's HU to the flop.

Flop comes 722r. Pax bets into me.

What range of hands do you put him on? What range of hands do you think he puts me on? What's my plan for this and subsequent streets?