View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 02:51 AM

Default How to spot LSD usage?

Hi all, I have a little problem I'm hoping you can help me with.

I own my own (small) company, and recently hired a very good friend of mine (sort of as a favor to him...he's recently fallen on hard times). He smokes and drinks heavily, but it doesn't affect his work at all in the 5ish months he's been with me.

Two weeks ago, I went over to his house. He lives with his girlfriend and her two children, ages 9 and 5. I was playing with the 5 year old, while he and his GF were outside smoking. The 5 year old asked where her mom was, I told her, and then told her not to pick up a nasty smoking habit. She then said something quietly that sounded like "they do dots".

I asked a couple known drug users if they knew if that meant anything in drug culure. They didn't. I then looked it up on urban dictionary, and one of the more obscure definitions has something to do with LSD.

Please understand that I'm more worried about him as a friend than as an employee. Please also understand that I'm not taking a 5-yr-old's mumbling and an obscure urbandictionary definition as gospel. However, it would be silly to totally dismiss the idea of drug usage.

He is always short on money, and he makes way more than his bills. I do not know how much he helps his girlfriend with her bills, though. At this point, my mind is wide open.

My question is, do any of you have any experience with LSD? Have you heard the terms "dots" in drug culture? If you have LSD experience (even if you haven't yourself used),can you please tell me what some telltale signs are, so I can be somewhat on the lookout.

Thanks everybody!

hd