View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: STAY AWAY from 9 poker....

[ QUOTE ]
WAAAAAA! they gave me more money...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes people don't want a bigger bonus than what they've already signed up for. In fact, sometimes people DON'T max out bonuses.

Why?

I am assuming in this case (because it wouldn't be a problem if it was released in increments), the entire bonus is released in one chunk, once all the play requirements are met. Well, a bigger bonus requires that the OP play more at the site. There's a chance that the OP might lose more money between the 1500 POP (I assume these are the site's "points") and the 2700 POP than he receives in additional bonus. So what did the extra bonus money accomplish then? Nothing except losing the OP money and giving the site more rake.

Or, the OP might be a low stakes player and this bonus is tough to earn at low stakes, so an extra $120 would take a long time.

One site I see people not maxing out bonuses because of these potential scenarios is PokerRoom.com. In fact, when I first signed up for PR, I was only playing .5/1 fixed limit and $5 S&G's, which made it very hard to earn the max bonus. I cashed out before I received it. In a case like this, it's better to deposit an amount that would give you a bonus that you are comfortable earning.

I see no problems at all with the OP's complaints.