View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 12:45 AM

Default How much grit have you got?

The following quiz is from an article I read in Psychology Today. The article from the magazine has more details but this version has the key points as well. Yes it is long but it could hold the keys to success for keeping that new years resolution. Or you can just take the quiz below.

QUIZ

On a scale of one to five, rate how well the following statements describe you. For items in black, a five is "strongly agree" and one is "strongly disagree."

<font color="red">Items in red are reverse scored: </font>
One is "strongly agree" and five is "strongly disagree"

Total your score and divide by six. If you score over 3.5, consider yourself gritty.

1. I am a hard worker.

<font color="red">2. People often tell me that I don't perfom to my potential. </font>

3. Setbacks don't deter me.

<font color="red">4. I get interested in new pursuits every few months. </font>

5. I am now working on a project that may take years to finish.

<font color="red">6. New ideas and new projects sometimes distract me from previous ones. </font>

This should probably be posted in the Psychology forum but I feel my friends are here and I wanted them to see it. I feel there is real power in this simple idea. If the scoring of the quiz is to hard for you to figure out stop smoking weed and see your grit return. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm thinking I need to do some pushups!