View Single Post
Old 12-19-2003, 03:42 PM

Default My site game reviews

Here's my stupid opinions based on my various bonus whorings/reloads from June until December (I've retired from it now), at $5/$10 and $10/$20:

Party et al - always the most consistently fishy of course but you may occasionally have to table hop a bit as sometimes you'll bump into a toughish one. Obviously not a problem to do that, though. Games tend to break pretty fast for some reason. My results there were good.

UB - sucky. Many tight players and only the rare fish everyone else tries to isolate. I posted a pic a while back of 6 consecutive everyone-folds-to-the-SB-who-folds. My results here were OK, small profits, mostly from the 5/10 stud/8 which was OK some of the time.

Paradise - sucky. See UB. It amazed me that a year after I left the site I come back and see the same players in the same games. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I virtually broke even here except for a quick session of $20/$40 where I killed them with my massive card-catching skills.

Stars - not bad. There's often several maniacs who are looking for someone to give chips to and some passive calling stations. The 10/20 here was certainly a better game to me than party's 10/20 (but I didn't play a lot of that). My results in the ring games on stars have been excellent; I think the toughness of this site is overrated.

Pokerroom - some very poor play in ring games but some passable players in the shorthanded tables. I caught a few cards (like a one outer for a huge pot [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) and did very well in the 5/10 there which was full of idiots. I didn't play higher. Of course, you may attribute my good results to the fact it takes forever to clear the bonus there...

WSEX - I only played there for a day because I had problems with their software, but the games sucked.

Truepoker - VERY good ring games at 5/10 and 10/20. I made a ridiculous amount of money here clearing the initial bonus and the recent reload (which I'm sure TPCEO is thrilled about..). The players are stupidly passive even at 10/20, and whats even weirder is they'll play short in both games. Maybe the games are full of awful props, I dunno. I may actually come back and play there "for real", but I can't drag myself away from party's 15/30 for now.