View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 01:57 AM

Default Re: check/call check/call check/raise the river

A very nice analysis. Good post. But I am not questioning value betting the river. I think you do value bet the river. But when a check/caller calling station doesn't just call your value bet, but instead puts in a check/raise, do you call make the crying call?

To me it shows the player has jumped a level in the meta-game. Instead of "hey I have a hand, therefore I bet" he is taking into consideration your actions and knows you are going to bet your hand and can get another bet in by check/raising.

A player thinking at that level can also put you on a hand, TPTK, and will raise if he has that hand beat. Pretty basic, not a river bluffer.

Of course, you can't fold every time a fool thinks he has you beat and pulls a check raise, but I am thinking given your read on how passive the player is, it is a very low percentage of crying calls.

With some players, who I have seen only raise with the absolute nuts, you would never make a crying call. But that is just me. I guess some people would still call if the pot was *really* large.