View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Who does Osama really want to be President?

I think it's significant that the liberals think Osama is more concerned with his recruiting power than with the chances he or his jihadists will get captured or killed.

I think that bin-Laden wants the US out of the Middle East (and thus Iraq too) since he has stated about as much several years ago, and that therefore he must prefer Kerry over Bush.

I'll also note that the liberal view on this seems rather appeasement and fear oriented, as if we ought to be be doing everything possible to "not make them mad at us". I guess you guys still don't get it: they're going to be "mad at us" no matter what we do, and more terrorists are going to be created regardless of how "nice" we are to them. We aren't dealing with rational people here: these are religious nutcases of such conviction and fanaticism that they truly make Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson look like liberal and open-minded by comparison.

Therefore, the best things we can do are:

1) eliminate as many Islamic terrorists as possible, and

2) deny al-Qaeda and related groups resources as much as possible, and

3) use a carrot-and-stick approach to encourage or coerce the reformation of Saudi and Pakistani religious schools, and

4) finish the job in Iraq by taking over Fallujah and thoroughly disarming it, and capturing or killing the terrorists and insurgents within; and see that democracy at least gets a chance to take hold in the Iraq.

I'll also note, as I've noted before, that Islamic terrorists aren't hydras: killing 1 does not automatically produce 3 more (or 100 more, lol) as some of you assert--with no evidence to back up your assertion.