Thread: FF Tip
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: FF Tip

[ QUOTE ]
I can guarantee you that Parker will rush for 100+ yards before the fourth quarter in the opener against Tennessee. For a real Steelers fan to not be excited about Parker playing instead of the 3 yards and a cloud of dust Bettis isnt logical. Parker has looked nothing but good anytime he has touched the ball in the NFL. He is a straight burner and with our offensive line will not have any problems breaking the 100 yard mark. When Bettis could get maybe 80, he can get 130.

Im more worried about Big Ben and his terrible accuracy than I am about Willie Parker.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so wrong and the typical thinking around here by Pittsburgh fans. I'd be shocked if you told me you either weren't from Pittsburgh or lived here at one time.

While you talk about Bettis' 3 yards and a cloud as a bad thing, this is the EXACT thing that keeps this team working. You think Ben would have been 13-0 in the regular season if it wasn't for the running game he had? You think the defense would have been one of the best in the league?

It's no coincidence that the Steelers defense 2 years ago wasn't good at all and then last year with pretty much the same personal, they went to one of the best. That 3 yards & a cloud running kept the defense off the field, which is the best defense of all. 2 years ago they tried opening up the offense and live by the passing game. The running game wasn't effective and the defense was stuck on the field a lot of the game.

Willie Parker does NOT fit the Steelers offense at all. Especially with Bens troubles this year, they can't afford a no gain or negative gain on 1st & 2nd down. Parker is a big gain or nothing type back. Parker MIGHT get 100 yards, I'm not saying it's impossible, but if he does, it won't be a healthy 100 yards for the team.