View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Step 5 not that hard

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With the blinds 75/150, I pushed from the button with T850 and AQo. I got called by the BB with T950 and A4s. This was actually a good call, as he was getting 3-2 pot odds, but was less than a 3-2 dog against the range of hands I was likely to have, and he needed to double up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this hardly a good call. You obviously have played tighter than a virgin on her 16th birtday. I would give your range of hands much more credit than thinking that my A4s is even money. I actually think this is a horrible call considering his tournament life is at stake with A4. Now, if you got A4 on the button in this same situation, I say push. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

A4s is a 7-3 dog against a pair or an ace (which is what I am most likely to have), but a 3-2 favorite against king or queen high or some junk, maybe a little less against a suited connector. If I had aces, it is likely I would limp or something. I certainly would have pushed from the button with a lot of hands. Therefore, I think on average he is less than a 3-2 dog.

This guy had been moved from the other table just as I pushed 3 hands in a row. I had hands where I had proper odds to push and I had been playing solidly all along (which is probably one reason I didn't get called), but he may have thought I was making loose raises.

He may also want to make a point of defending his blind, although table image is not important if you have busted out. We both needed to double up to cash. I think it was a good call.