View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Step 5 not that hard

i deposited 100 bucks in PP with the intention of trying out the step challenge. my goal was to get a step 5 ticket and be a longshot at the money.

IMO breaking through Step 2 was the hardest part. Step 3 and 4 you can make the money by just playing tight-aggresive and opening up slightly when the blinds get higher. By picking your spot in step 3 and 4 you're in the money easily.

Step 5 was a major disappointment for me. I didn't know what to expect from the play except that some of the players would be very very solid. I ended up bubbling 5th. I started final table with about 2k in chips and was down to 1700 when i doubled through with TT vs AQ, got QQ right away and called UTG hoping to re-pop a steal and lay down if a flop was unfavourable. A somewhat loose player who had been on some steals raised-all-in and i made an automatic call (had him covered by 1800), he turned up KK and i was back to where i started with 6 left and some big stacks to my right. i eventually got blinded out as everytime i was going to steal the big stacks opened up.

I think it's possible to make the money but you need some solid play and need to pick your battles.