View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Getting tired of being white (7/11 trip report)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Now I know who the stupidest person in OOT is now. Congrats! And for the record, if anyone wanted to fight me because I called them bro or brother, that would meake them a far greater [censored] than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever actually interacted with significant amounts of poverty-sticken african americans living in slums? Try walking up to a large group of african americans in 'the hood' and saying 'whadup brothas'. see how they greet you

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should ask, since that pretty much was what my peer group in high school was. They never seemed to have a problem with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a profound difference between how you can act with your close friends and what you can say in front of them compared to how you can behave against complete strangers. i'd wager since they were your close friends, you could say absolutely anything to them. consequently, your arguement in this case is completely invalid.

[/ QUOTE ]

EHHHH wrong. See thast the point, you are obv not comfortable around people from other racists, so you feel you have to change because of your preconceived notions. People know when you are pandering to them, and when you are just being yourself. if you truly dont stereotype people (which you obv do) you would be able to talk however you want to whomever you want and no one would say a thing...at least that is my experience.